Special Interest Group (SIG) Info - National & Local
Many Western Michigan Chapter members are also active in various SIGs. As announcements about SIG activities which may be of interest to our chapter members comes our way, we will post it here. Please share SIG info with us.
From the PMI International site on SIGs:
PMI Chapters offer members the ability to network with project managers from a variety of different industries on interest areas. SIG membership is worldwide and gives PMI members the opportunity to network with peers with similar interests. Since SIG membership has no geographical boundaries, SIG members generally meet face to face once a year at PMI's Annual Seminars & Symposium.
SIGs provide a forum for project managers to share experiences with others managing similar types of projects and facing the same project management challenges and concerns. SIGs participate in a wide range of activities which include, but are not limited to, quarterly newsletters, networking directory, seminars, technical tracks at PMI Seminars & Symposium, teleconferences, interactive web sites, publications, and much more!
Is a PMI SIG for me?
If you deal with projects, either as the Project Manager (or perhaps you are aspiring to become one?) and want to be more effective at planning, leading, organizing and controlling project work, PMI and a SIG can help your cause! You will find it most rewarding, both professionally and personally, to become involved with PMI SIGs. SIG members pay a nominal fee to support SIG activities. The SIG member must also be a member of PMI in good standing.
For more information regarding joining a SIG, visit the SIG page on the PMI International site.
PMI's Information Systems Specific Interest Group sponsors the Webinar's for your benefit. We invite all ISSIG/PMI members; project teams, and fellow company employees who want to learn more about project management via a live interactive webcast (Webinar) with top-notch PM professionals. Visit the PMI-ISSIG web site for the continuing schedule of events at http://www.pmi-issig.org/
- Joan Knutson's presentation on "Estimating Techniques for IS/IT Projects"
- Steve McConnell's presentation on "10 Myths of Rapid Development"
- Edward Yourdon's presentation on "Extreme Project Management"
Mission Statement of the Information Systems Specific Interest Group (ISSIG) of the Project Management Institute (PMI): "We will be the preferred, global collaborative, professional project management organization for all aspects of project management that are required for information systems, regardless of industry. " Join the ISSIG
|With over 16,000 members world-wide, being a member of the ISSIG offers great benefits including:
- The Professional Development Symposium (PDS) each spring, showcasing some of the top project management experts, set in a luxurious surrounding, all for an affordable price
- Fun and easy ways to earn PDUs
- Educational Webinars featuring well-known PM professionals
- An information-packed quarterly publication, ISSIG Review, providing the inside story on IS/IT project management
- A monthly communication, ISSIG Bits, to always keep you up to date on the latest developments at PMI and the ISSIG
- Teaming-up with fellow IS/IT PM Professionals on an exciting research project
- A dedicated mentoring program
- Resource center
- Great Networking opportunities